The Pros and Cons of Wooden Fence
The house fence is one of the important elements in the house that protects our privacy and keeps us safe. There are different types of fence but when you try to have a roving around the neighborhood, you would notice the most people install a wooden fence. It has some features that make it unique from other types of fences and just like the other fence materials, it also has benefits and some drawbacks.
In this article, we will share with you the pros and cons of having a wooden fence installed.
The Pros of a Wooden Fence
1.Versatility – a wooden fence has versatile features and surface and thus it is easier to paint them in different colors or design them different patterns. Because it is not as hard as metal and other fence materials, customizing your wooden fence is feasible.
2. Aesthetics – a wooden fence has a classic look, and it can suit different styles you want. And because it is versatile, it looks good in different house theme and colors. Likewise, a well maintained wooden fence increases curb appeal
3.Sustainability – Typically, a wooden fence does not have any toxic materials and ingredients compared to other fencing materials, as the wood itself is natural and organic. Of course it depends on how the woods are produced.
Also, it is important that you know the company’s ways of harvesting the woods and check if they follow sustainable practices to prevent the consequences of deforestation.
4. Installation – wooden fence is not difficult to install, although it depends on the material, and how much customization you want. There are cheaper and low-quality wooden fence that even homeowners can install.
The Cons of a Wooden Fence
1. Maintenance – wooden fence commands regular maintenance. Its initial beaut is great but it requires maintenance to sustain the appearance. Also, it is counterproductive to have regular cleaning as cleaning with soap and water degrades and deteriorates the wood further. Always consult Geelong fence repair if your fence has damages.
2. Durability – compared to other materials, wooden is not as strong. It can be frail against heavy storms and forceful attempts of robbery. This is the reason why it is used in towns and rural areas where the neighborhood is closer compared to urban areas.
3. Vulnerability – since wood is an organic material, it is more susceptible to pest and insect infestation compared to other fencing materials. It is also vulnerable to natural elements like water and sun as it can develop mildew or it dries in in extreme heat.
4. Installation – When installed properly, a wooden fence is pretty; otherwise, the wooden fence could just sink below the ground and could warp the fence entirely. This is why it is important to let a professional install the fence for a more efficient and greater result.
All fencing materials do have their pros and cons, and this does not exclude wood. When you choose what type of material, it is also important to search other materials’ advantages and drawbacks for you to identify what suits your liking.